Monday, July 25, 2011

The Wedding Planner-Her big day is his big problem


I want blacks and I want gold
I want a drunken audience
Of penitent Misogynists who are 37 years old

I want chrome lighting and wispy lace tablecloth
Love to loom between my maids and the groomsmen
Like naked flame and a moth

I want Clapton to allure me to my first dance
I want gluttonous orgasms in the dining halls.
I want it all, a fairytale and a romance
I want hook ups to brew in the washroom stalls

I want people to make merry
And tell me they are having a good time
I want the alcohol to overflow
All of whiskey and vodka with a splinter of lime
I want my father to smile when teary eyed
Smart in a tuxedo with a glass in one hand
Telling his friends how much he loves this bride

My maid of honor she is the one, incontestably.
Stood by me through the thick and thin of my garter
We would have spent hours picking the centerpieces
Threatening the tailor and his sartor.

I do not know yet if it is the marriage that I seek
Not even the companion or soul mate as much
It is my friend, the wedding that enchants me
Call me an idiot or even an unassuming freak

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe....

    I don't remember who I was telling, but i totally get what you're saying, coz even i wanna have one huge ass wedding party... don't care much for the marriage tho'. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhaa....i know man...i just want you guys to get drunk and hook up with hot men at the wedding while i sit pretty in a white dress that I would not want to take off ;)

    ReplyDelete