Tuesday, August 24, 2010

(dream) catcher on the eye!


I sat staring out of the airplane window, staring at Perth twirl into a trillion trinkets of fairylights as we ascended to 30,000 feet above sea level and my heart plummeted a 30,000. I contemplated the dimensions of his palms…how it encompassed wholly anything it held, they were soft and compassionate yet hardened and protective at the same time. How they made me shrivel in delight every time they rested somewhere on me. It felt like the warmth of crackling wood on a snowy day. The kind that puts a blush to your cheek for absolutely no reason.
Attraction is after all noticing someone else other than you.
I miss the dream-catcher…I miss being his firefly, I miss being told to behave myself in public.

I thought of his eyes and how they stared at me a full 30 seconds when they first saw me. How often I noticed a passive unsaid pain in them at times, how they’d glint with obnoxiousness every time he made a statement.

I drifted off to sleep dreaming of the dream catcher…of all those sweet nothings, the sweet somethings and sweet everythings.

No comments:

Post a Comment